ReSharper 6

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Hi, settings manager is working great - just wondering if ReSharper 6 will be supported?

Many thanks,

James

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Hi James,

I will surely add R# 6 support. Right now i'm waiting for Style Cop update, because i cannot migrate to R# 6 without it. So i'll release a new version right after StyleCop release. Stay tuned!

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I'm waiting anxiously for this as well!  thanks for this plugin, it's great!

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Excellent thanks for the quick response : )

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM

ReSharper 6 just came out :-)

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM

@4uxnbIx: do you mean SC that support R#6 (v4.6) or SC that support R#5 only (v4.5)? 4.5 RTW has just been released yesterday. See here: http://stylecop.codeplex.com/discussions/256031

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I am waiting for SC with R#6 support.

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:52 AM

IC. Then, it would be, at least, 2 months from now as Andy said.

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Wow! Looks like R#6 API has changed greately. I think I should start porting RSM code soon, or you'll have to wait another two moths after SC relese :)

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM

LOL

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:16 PM

So, RSM does not support ReSharper 6, yet?

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Not yet. Just returned from vacation, so i didn't even start porting the code :)

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hi, thanks for the great plugin. Is there any procress to support R# 6?

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Have you started the port yet? StyleCop Alpha 4.6.1.0 is out, and while I realize it's an alpha release, it does seems pretty stable. If you need help with the port please let me/us know and I will do everything in my power to help. The world needs you plugin for R#6 asap. ;) Keep up the good work!

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Yes, me too! We are realy waiting)

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Would be absolutely great. Hope you manage it since we started using R#6 recently and were used to RSM for R#5

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM

+1 for R# 6.0 support, +1 Jillion for your efforts on this tool :)

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Just wanted to give you a heads up, StyleCop 4.6 Stable has been released.

http://stylecop.codeplex.com/

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Any updates on when this will be compatible with R#6?

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Hi everybody!

Sorry for being silent that long. The current status of the project is uncertain, but do not worry - I have some great news for you. R# team is currently working on settings management improvements. They will be included in R# 6.1 and R# 6.1 EAP should start soon. So I am waiting for the next R# version to see whether we'll need RSM. I hope we won't! :)

And here are some bad news. R#6 API has changed drastically, so I'll need to spend a lot of time to get RSM working. Actually, I'll need to rewrite everithing and I do not have any free time for that right now. So let's see what we'll get in R# 6.1 first.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Hi 4uxnbix,

Thanks for the update even if it has a very unfortunate content. The plug-in you created filled a real feature gap Jetbrains should have addressed in Resharper a long time ago.

Rolling out Resharper with a given settings set to a bigger team really only worked great thanks to your plug-in. I really hope the Resharper team really picks up on the great work and provides its customer really soon with a reasonable alternative.

Thanks again for creating this great plugin in the first place.

TJ

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Just visited R# homepage and there seems to be no information about R# 6.1 atm. Only see R# 6 ...

RSM: R.I.P.?

So R# 6 have to wait and hope that R# 6.1 will bring us RSM functionality?

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM

R# 6.1 EAP has finally been released! http://blogs.jetbrains.com/dotnet/2011/11/resharper-61-eap-opens-much-more-than-a-bugfix-release/

I will try the new R# settings engine today and see whther it suits our needs. Stay tuned.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM

And here are my R# 6.1 evaluation results:

• Latest StyleCop and Agent Johnson plugins do not work with R# 6.1. Sigh...
  • It is possible to share ANY R# settings! But the drawback of this cool feature is that you'll have to be carefull with that and always make sure you do not share any per user settings (you can do it accidentally).
  • Sharing and managing settings across multiple solutions is NOT possible. They have a 'Mount to...' button in Settings Management dialog, but I could not get it to work.

Verdict: if you are working in a single solution environment - you are good to go with new R# settings management, if not you'll have to wait for future R# builds to see whether the 'Mount To' feature can help you.

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM

We fixed many issues in 6.1 EAP, so you can try evaluating it again. Also, getting settings from solution folders and up, is not part of 6.1. However, settings layers can be added programmaticaly, so one could try to implement a plugin (hint, hint) to do just that :)

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM

When does the damn update vor rsm come for R# 6.... allways have to install v5.. import settings and update to v6.. borred to do that !!

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM

There won't be any updates to RSM, i'm afraid. R# 6.1 already has almost everithing RSM does, so we don't need it anymore. I am in progress of evaluating R# 6.1 right now. I'll let you know the results soon.