Cannot see settings manager after upgrade to 4.0.0/ r# 5.1

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Hi,

I just updated VS 2010 with resharper 5.1.3000.12 and Settingsmanager 4.0.0.

Now, I do not see the settings manager in the resharper options any more. It also does not appear in the resharper plugins dialog.

I did a reinstall and deinstall/install of the settings manager a few times, but no luck. More developers here see this behaviour.

I run a 64 bit windows 7 machine (installation directory of the SettingsManager.dll is C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.1\Bin\Plugins)

Update: In C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper there are 2 folders: v5.1 and v5.1.Nynefoy (!?). I have copied the Plugin folder from v5.1/bin directory to v5.1.Nynefoy nd that makes the plugin show as resharper plugin. However, when opening the settingsmanager in resharper options, I only see the "Personal settings folder" and an empty default settings combobox. Not a shared settings form, like there used to be in the previous version...

Thanx

Owin

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

First of all I cannot guarantee, that RSM will be working correctly with R# 5.1.3. I cannot install the latest R# version right now, so i cannot test RSM with it.

As for the RSM option pages, all the settings sharing functionality was moved to "Manage Settings" dialog, under VS_main_menu\ReSharper\Tools.

Sorry, no plugin documentation yet. I just cannot find any time for it right now.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Ah..found it...

However, on 64-bit it is necessary to copy  C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.1\Bin\Plugins to  C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.1.Nynefoj\Bin\Plugins. 

Otherwise you do not see any options at all..

Thanx

Owin