IsNull versus CanBeNull setting

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Everything else seems to be working for me.  The setting to use the stricter null checking doesn't seem to restore though.  Is there a trick to get this to work, or is it something not implement?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Hi dbharris,

Could you please tell me where to find this setting?

Thanks.

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Let me know if you need more from me. It seems to be the only value that doesn’t retain for us.

Thanks,

Dave.

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:03 AM
To: Dave Harris
Subject: Re: IsNull versus CanBeNull setting [rsm:231708]

Hi dbharris,

Could you please tell me where to find this setting?

Thanks.

Join us for the Xactware User Conference, February 17-18, 2011 in Salt Lake City. Visit www.XactwareUserConference.com

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Hi dbharris,

The screenshot link is broken.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM

See if this does any better.

Dave.

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:59 PM

Hi dbharris,

Join us for the Xactware User Conference, February 17-18, 2011 in Salt Lake City. Visit www.XactwareUserConference.com

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.
Jan 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM

It appears that the image still didn’t make it. I will describe it instead

ReSharper -> Options -> Settings

There are 5 checkboxes at the top of the left panel. After that, there are the options:

Assume Entity value can be Null:

O When Entity is explicitly marked with CanBeNull attribute, or checked for null

O When Entity doesn’t have explicit NotNull attribute.

It doesn’t save/restore this setting.

Thanks,

Dave.

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:59 PM

Hi dbharris,

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi dbharris,

RSM doesn't support those settings yet. I am currently working on new RSM version, so i'll add this to my todo list.

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Thanks, it would be a helpful feature to have.

Dave.

Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:14 AM

Hi dbharris,

RSM doesn't support those settings yet. I am currently working on new RSM version, so i'll add this to my todo list.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Hi Dave,

I have uploaded the new RSM build today with the null checking mode support.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Excellent, thanks for adding that! It will be very helpful for us.

Dave.

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:31 AM

Hi Dave,

I have uploaded the new RSM build today with the null checking mode support.

Thanks to our great customers, Xactware is celebrating its 25th anniversary.