Saving Settings Changes...

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:28 PM

We're sharing a settings file from a network location and we would like to change the severity level of an error that RS is finding and it won't save. Is there a way to save changes (besides the abbreviation lists, etc...) or am I just missing something?

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM

It seems like there is a bug, if I open the settings manager and tell it to save to the shared settings file it doesnt really update that file.

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Hi All,

To update the settings file you need to open Resharper->Tools->Manage Settings, select the shared settings file and click save. But i gues it's not working. :) I'll investigate it and will give you an update soon.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM

This is broken for me as well. Tried with both a local (relative path) and network (non-relative) and my settings to do not save. The initial creation seems to work, but it's never updated.

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Not working for me either.  Currently updating the shared file by hand.  Using VS 2010 and latest R# 5.1.1 release.

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Fixed. Please update to the lates RSM version.

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Does this work with other plugin settings, such as, StyleCop for ReSharper? I manage to lose Code Cleanup settings, especially the StyleCop for ReSharper one? Am I missing something here?

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Yes, StyleCop settings are supported. I am using StyleCop for R# too and it's configured differently for some of my projects, so this functionality was tested by me quite well. :) If you keep loosing those settings, please try updating your settings file. Configure StyleCop for R# settings, open Manage Settings dialog, select a settings file you want to update and click Update R# Settings button.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM

IC. I think I miss the Update part. It seems my previous setting doesn't do update automatically.

Now it's fixed. Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Yes, it should be the cause. RSM doesn't update any settings automatically since v2, i think. :) It can only auto-update some minor settings like spell-checking dictionaries and etc., the settings a team can be changing frequently and not related to the code style or something like that. So if you need to update other settings you'll need to do it manually in Manage Settings dialog.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Ah, you're right. It does auto-update the common settings, but not Code Cleanup one.

It seems I misunderstood it. Thanks for the clarification.