Source-controlling the settings file, but across many solutions

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Great-sounding tool :)

We have a team that has many solutions to work on, and would like to standardise the ReSharper settings across the team, so each solution gets the same setting.  We'd like to therefore only maintain a single file.

We have a repository that can hold common things, which we use for 3rdparty dependencies and the like already; ideally we'd like to put this ReSharper settings file there, similar to other shared settings.

This location would be at a constant relative path from the solution file.  Does RSM provide for this scenario?  I couldn't figure that out based on RTFMing, sorry.  It didn't feel like a personal directory (since that would be different per developer, probably), and it didn't feel like putting the file next to the solution file would be what we wanted, since this would make us maintain more than one copy (since one cannot use svn:externals to pull in a specific file AFAIK, only a directory, at which point the file wouldn't be next-door to the solution file).

If RSM doesn't support this, would you like me to file an issue for it?

Cheers

Pete

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately RSM doesn't support this scenario right now. The only way you can get the similar behaviour is to store all solution files in one place and check 'Sharead across team' radio-button on the Settings Sharing page.

Anyway, i think it's time to implement another settings sharing option with an ability to define a relative path to a settings file. I will release another version next week.

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Hey,

We would like this functionality as well, but preferably with an absolute path (so we can place the settings file on a mapped network drive).

Regards,

Luke

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Sure

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Awesome; eagerly awaiting the change :)

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Done! Please update RSM